Monday, August 9, 2010

Swan Woes

My Swan was cooking along wonderfully after having new finals and a new driver tube put in. But, after only a few QSOs it quit transmitting. The receive audio is also very low. 


I suspect the relay but cannot get the cover off of it to check and burnish the contacts. Not having a good place to lay it all out where I can work on it and leave it should I not finish is also an issue.  So, for now I am using the Icom 706 barefoot at 100W. Poo!

In the mean time, if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Is the relay a plug in type or hard wired? Plastic or metal cover?
    If plastic it should be remove from the base.
    Is the audio working but the receive is low?
    When in cw mode do you hear the sidetone loud?
    Turn audio down and hit the key. Do you hear the relay making and breaking? You are in the correct area. What affects both receive and transmit- the relay or POWER to the relay.

    ReplyDelete